OverviewUnder direction of a physician in the North Shore Physician Group (NSPG) offices, provides urgent care to patients. Responsible for providing family/internal medicine services, including assessing and managing patients in the outpatient setting following established standards and practices. Services care may include performing complete histories and physical exams, performing or ordering simple diagnostic tests, prepare a diagnosis and implement procedures for illnesses as well as urgent cases.
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings.
Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to
determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Performs minor surgical procedures as is appropriate per skill level.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits -including same day/urgent
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health
and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family
- Actively supports patient safety program; adheres to applicable patient safety standards including
NQF Safe Practices.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation as necessary.
- Applies knowledge and skills of splint application.
- Acts as a resource where expertise is requested in urgent care medicine.
- Collaborates with MD and practice manager regarding the impact of practice or cost and
utilization of equipment and supplies.
- Develops and improves skills in the organization of work and in assisting the physician, make
efficient use of time, motion and supplies.
- Identifies emergency situations and uses sound judgment in instituting established procedures to
respond to emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
- Required to have completed a Master's Degree program, and have graduated from a Physician Assistant program approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education
- Must be currently licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Physician Assistant.
- Min of 2+ years of experience with pediatrics, suturing, I&D required
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.