OverviewResponsible for providing cardiovascular medicine services, including assessing and managing patients in the outpatient setting with CAD, multiple risk factors and arrhythmia. In addition, will supervise patients undergoing cardiac testing.
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits -including same day visits.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family needs.
- Actively supports patient safety program; adheres to applicable patient safety standards including NQF Safe Practices.
- Prepares written documentation as required in the patients medical record following standard clinical practice, including CPT Coding guidelines and the assigned practice's policy.
- Maintains and reviews patient electronic medical record and other pertinent information.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provides consultation as necessary.
- Follows North Shore Physicians Group policies and procedures faithfully; attends meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed. Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
- Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Treats all patients courteously and with dignity and respect at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Demonstrated competency in providing comprehensive health care including evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements
- Use of Electronic Medical Record
- Knowledge of minor surgical procedures and equipment
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Professionals
Required: Up to 3 years experience as a nurse practitioner preferably in cardiovascular medicine or inpatient setting.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's degree
Required: Current Massachusetts state license as a registered nurse practitioner
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.