Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, the staffing office coordinator is responsible for maintaining safe staffing levels for the patient care services division. Working in collaboration with the Operations Coordinators, Nursing Directors and Nursing Supervisors develops a staffing plan in accordance with patient to staff ratio's while following all scheduling and pay roll practices and procedures. Utilizing Kronos, the staffing coordinator enters, tracks and adjusts all schedules and pay rules for employees on a shift by shift basis.
The coverage needed is weekdays 3p-1130p and 11p – 730a. Weekends 7a-330p, 3p-1130p and 11p-730a
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Culture of Excellence Responsibilities;
• See everyone as worthy of respect and attention.
• Design care and services for and with each patient.
• Recognize that patients see quality service as quality care.
• Make it a priority to assist patients, visitors and colleagues.
• Take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.
• Understand organizational goals and priorities.
• Understands and adheres to North Shore Medical Centers’ (NSMC) compliance standards as they appear in Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct, and NSMC’s Policies.
• Professional, Supervisory and Managerial Staff, keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and NSMC regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
• Managerial Staff ensure that their staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Performs administrative duties and tasks as assigned.
• Updates and trains co-workers on new initiatives and procedures for the staffing office.
• Develops and implements processes to help make the staffing office more efficient.
• Processes in-coming phone calls (i.e., staff calling in ill, requests for additional staff, etc.) with appropriate documentation and notification and updates Kronos.
• Updates and prints reports from Kronos for units including daily staffing sheets and delivers them to the units.
• Utilizing Kronos, reviews employee schedules and calls appropriate staff to fill holes in the schedule or staffing needs.
• Maintains and updates ET/Float lists for float pool staff.
• Maintains Kronos and other electronic systems for schedules; ensures accuracy and timeliness of staff scheduling information.
• Obtains updated inpatient census from Epic and/or from the units directly and adjusts staffing accordingly.
• Files sick logs, staffing sheets and other information in the appropriate storage areas.
• Takes a proactive approach in identifying holes in the schedule and works on filling them prior to the start of the scheduled shift.
• Collaborates with patient care units to follow the proper process for cancelling, offering earned time, and floating staff.
• Appropriately moves staff in Kronos to the units they work on prior to the end of the shift.
• Updates the Nursing Directors and/or Nursing Supervisors with the daily staffing levels and adjusts accordingly.
• Attends the daily staffing huddle and reports out the plan for the next shift (day shift only).
• Prepares daily staffing worksheets and reports for the follow days shifts (night staff).
• Understands scheduling practices in accordance with both MNA and hospital policies.
• Adjusts staffing levels according the predictions from the bed huddle or staffing forecaster.
• Monitors voicemail system in the staffing office.
• Assists with payroll preparation by reviewing sick logs, float lists, and earned time lists.
• Assists with delivering of patient beds and/or patients to different areas within the hospital (night staff).
• Coordinates with the Agency for additional security needs on the mental health and emergency room units.
• Appropriately documents and calls employees when units are facing mandatory overtime.
• Assists with other transport requests as needed (linen delivery, central service department pick ups, lab specimens from units to lab, etc.) (night staff).
• Updates and maintains text blast lists as received from Ops Coordinators and appropriately utilizes them when requesting staff to cover shifts.
• Appropriately cancels overtime, extra shifts and other staff in the appropriate order while following the correct timeline.
• Assigned to initiate call list in the event of a disater on the night shift.
• Required: Strong organizational skills and follow-through. Customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of office machinery (fax, computer, multi lin phone systems). Kronos Advanced Scheduler
• Required: : 1+ years of office experience, preferably in a clinical setting. Basic knowledge of scheduling and timekeeping.
• Preferred: Healthcare experience preferred.
• Required: HighSchool Diploma/G.E.D
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham, is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Grow, learn and develop new practice innovations.
Continue your medical education.
Make academic connections and explore teaching opportunities.
Explore leadership opportunities.
Develop clinical and administrative career ladders.
A supportive practice environment
Patient-centered care model.
Leadership that listens and values your contributions and ideas.
Autonomy and respect for your skills and expertise.
Excellent salary and benefits.
NSPG’s MHQP Patient Experience surveys show that we perform higher than the state mean in all domains with 92% of patients indicating that they would recommend NSPG services.
Our physicians are polling in the top 75th percentile of AMGA Satisfaction metrics for almost every major category—the highest physician satisfaction scores of any medical group in the Boston region.
25th percentile in MGMA cost benchmarks and top 75th percentile in revenue benchmarks.
Keywords: Boston medical center, Boston area, Best regional hospital, Best hospital, North Shore’s largest provider, North Shore Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Salem Hospital, Union Hospital, Designated stroke center, High-performing, Partners HealthCare, Community health, Community hospital system, Clinician, Massachusetts hospital, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, In-patient, Teaching, Academic medicine, Clinical ladder, Level III Trauma Center, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Patient-focused care, Patient-Centered Medical Home, Provider, Wellness, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Multispecialty, Boston, North Shore, Marblehead, Salem, Peabody, Danvers, Lynnfield, Lynn, Melrose, Wakefield, Manchester, Nahant, Topsfield, Wenham, Middleton, Malden, Revere, Beverly, Rowley, Saugus, Swampscott