OverviewSummary of Position:
Under the general direction of Partners and North Shore Health System Population Health Management leadership, the Behavioral Health Support Specialist I will be an integral part of the Collaborative Care team providing support to patients and physician practices regarding behavioral health management for adults. Support specialist will work collaboratively with the team to implement evidence-based services for primary care patients utilizing tools and training from IMPACT Collaborative Care model and Partners HealthCare.
Act as a cultural change agent in integrating behavioral health into primary care.
- Actively engage, interact and support practice staff and physicians on a regular basis.
- Effectively market and sell the program to assigned practices in effort to increase referral rates.
- Provide case management support for a panel of 80-120 adults behavioral health needs.
- Ensure systematic screening of adults for depression, using evidence-based screening forms.
- Use a variety of educational materials, brief intervention techniques, and community resources to engage patients, increase their motivation to change, and support patients in establishing behavior change goals and implementing plans to meet those goals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and standardized data on all patients.
- Effectively communicate with the patient and care team.
- Actively facilitate patient engagement and follow-up in care.
- Systematically review the caseload with the consulting psychiatrist each week.
- Participate in development of maintenance plan with patients to help them maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Works with LICSW and referral specialist on finding community resources for patient.
- Comfort with a patient-centered medical home approach to care.
- Ability to manage time, work and priorities while traveling between sites and working remotely.
- Ability to comfortably organize work and adapt to change on a regular basis.
- Aptitude in problem-solving and behavioral change strategies (i.e. Motivational Interviewing and Behavioral Activation)
- Ability to serve as a critical liaison to facilitate connections between people
- Ability and willingness to work in a time-limited, structured, and solution-focused environment
- Ability and willingness to function independently and proactively in a primary health care setting
- Ability to maintain a professional stance if conflicts arise with other staff
- Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen needs or circumstances
- Effective use of the Internet and Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and OutlookType here
* Minimum 2 years in relevant setting (health care and/or behavioral health)
- Bachelor's degree
* Valid driver's licens
* Experience in social work, counseling, health education, psychology, or behavioral health
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.