Under the supervision of the Senior Clinical Physics Staff in the appointed department, performs mentored clinical rotations in treatment planning, brachytherapy and dosimetry; also independently carries out and designs highly sophisticated and independent experiments related to clinical training. Will work at times in the clinical space carrying out dosimetry quality assurance or treatment planning under supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
- Performs mentored clinical rotations covering all clinical physics activities. Participates and contributes whenever possible.
- Researches, develops, designs, executes and interprets research experiments.
- Contributes to scientific literature, reports, journals and presentations.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for research advancement.
- Demonstrate and perfect primary care skills in the department the appointment has been selected for.
- Refine those interpersonal skills which optimize a compassionate and humanistic interaction with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrate department specific technical skills.
The successful candidate will have recently completed graduate studies in a PhD program with a strong research and publication record in the biological sciences and strong clinical internship record.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong research design and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated interest in becoming a clinical medical physicist
- Strong database statistical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of field of research.
- Excellent time management/organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.