- Ability to provide rapid clinical psychosocial assessments and brief, short or long term treatment/management with individuals, families, couples and/or groups. Clinical experience, understanding of, and comfort working with patients of all ages who suffer complex medical and psychiatric problems; ability to work with the families of such patients, and ability to help patients and families understand and access the resources required to support care. Knowledge of specific medical/psychiatric illnesses, procedures and treatments. Advanced crisis intervention/treatment/management skills. Strong understanding of psychiatric and family system problems, and ability to use this understanding to formulate succinct case summaries. Knowledge of end of life care issues. Strong assessment, treatment and problem solving skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Goal oriented and accountable. Demonstrated organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a complex setting. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate performance agility in a continuously changing environment. Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team based environment. Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates appropriate communication skills for the patient population served. Good computer skills. Ability to quickly demonstrate competency in various software applications.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience, preferably post-Masters experience. Other experience may include post acute care settings or care coordination/case management experience.
- Minimum of Masters-level degree program in social work, counseling psychology, psychology , family therapy or related field.
- Current licensure in MA in either psychology, social work, or mental health counseling.
- Experience in the field of Geri-psych, substance abuse and/or community mental health services.
- Independent licensure
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.