North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We are more than 320 physicians, nurses and health professionals working as one to provide exceptional care. And we are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction.
Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
For this role, we are seeking a per diem Nurse for Float Pool.
Registered Nurse has the responsibility and authority to request and use governing and administrative resources, technological
and support systems, and multidisciplinary clinical experts necessary to manage and deliver quality, cost effective patient care.
Culture of Excellence Responsibilities
- See everyone as worthy of respect and attention.
- Design care and services for and with each patient.
- Recognize that patients see quality service as quality care.
- Make it a priority to assist patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.
- Understand organizational goals and priorities
- Understands and adheres to North Shore Medical Centers' (NSMC) compliance standards as they appear in Corporate
- Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct, and NSMC's Policies.
- Professional, Supervisory and Managerial Staff, keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and NSMC regulations,
- laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Managerial Staff ensure that their staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance
- policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
- Utilizes the standards of Patient Focused Model.
- Plans, implements and evaluates, and manages care for all patients with consideration of age, developmental,
- socioeconomic, psychological, physical, spiritual and cultural factors.
- Practice reflects knowledge of current nursing literature and resources, demonstrates ongoing learning in appropriate
- science, such as: contemporary medical, pharmacologic, pathophysiology to care for specific patient types.
- Maintains competency in nursing practice and clinical skills and makes annual plan for professional development.
- Completes mandatory educational requirements.
- Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates care for assigned patients that is consistent with the medical
- plan and is responsive to the patient's changing needs.
- Delegates appropriate nursing activities to unlicensed personnel based on: the stability of the patient; the training an
- capability of the unlicensed person to whom the nursing task is delegated; nature of the nursing task being delegated;
- and the proximity and availability of the nurse to the unlicensed person when performing the activity.
- Collects and analyzes patient information.
- Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and health care team members to: expedite and coordinate the delivery
- of services and insure efficient use of resources.
- Collaborates with the physician regarding the patient's clinical status, medical and nursing treatment plans,
- progression toward outcomes and next level of care.
- Maintains continuity of care, delivery process and family/significant other communication to achieve optimal
- Assesses patient's learning needs.
- Develops a teaching plan based upon assessment.
- Educates patients and family members in disease processes, testing, medications, signs/
- symptoms, etc.
- Communicates understanding/progress to outcomes with other team members.
- Assures timely initiation, completion, communication and documentation of nursing care, tests, treatment, teaching
- and discharge planning activities.
- Consults the Clinical Nurse Specialist and Health Care Coordinator for complex patient care management and
- discharge planning.
- Identifies barriers to implementing the plan of care or to achieving expected outcomes.
- Consults appropriate resources to report and/or resolve problems.
- Seeks out innovative opportunities to improve patient care.
- Exhibits fiscal accountability through cost effective use of time, material and other resources.
Required: To perform this job successfully within the scope of nursing, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to demonstrate any knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his/her assigned department.
Required: 2+ years of medical/surgical experience required
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Preferred:Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school of Nursing
Required: Position requires a Valid/Current license to practice as a RN in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. BLS required. ACLS preferred.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.