Are you an Advanced Practitioner looking for a per diem opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home? We are seeking FNPs with at least 3 years of direct Adult/Family Medicine experience, preferably within an Ambulatory Setting.
The Family Nurse Practitioner works remotely as part of our Adult/Family Medicine After Hours Call Program. Telephone calls can range from routine to emergent and may require prescription writing, lab or radiology ordering and interaction with an on-call MD as needed for clinical support. The FNP has access to comprehensive patient information via our fully-integrated EMR system, Epic.
There are a variety of shifts available:
- Weekday Shifts (Monday through Friday) - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Overnight Shifts (Monday through Friday) - 9:00 pm - 8:00 am
- Weekend Shifts (Friday evening and overnight, Saturday and Sunday days, evenings and overnight to Monday at 8:00 am) - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, 9:00 pm - 8:00 am, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Minimum of 3 years direct Advanced Practitioner Adult/Family Medicine experience required and ambulatory experience is preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's degree and NLN approved NP program and possess state licensure to practice in the expanded role. Physician Assistant must have graduated from an accredited PA program.
- Current Massachusetts state license as a registered nurse practitioner. NCCPA certification licensure is required.
- Strong triaging skills required.
- Demonstrated competency in providing comprehensive health care including evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements
- Use of Electronic Medical Record
- Must maintain Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Excellent clear verbal communication skills and proficient writing skills required. Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and EPIC.
- Strong computer skills required.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.