North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We are more than 320 physicians, nurses and health professionals working as one to provide exceptional care. And we are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction.
Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
For this role, we are seeking an LPN to support Endocrinology at three different NSPG sites: North Street (Danvers), 400 Highland (Salem), and Marblehead.
Provides professional medical assessment advice within the LPN scope of the practice, for patients calling the medical office via telephone. Performs administrative and other tasks as necessary to accomplish and support such care and treatment.
- Responsible for phone triage during the day and is stationed to receive calls from patients seeking care, gathers information on the telephone about relevant clinical signs and symptoms and make and executes a timely and accurate triage decision regarding the patient's care. This may include giving direct advice, directing the patient to a hospital emergency facility, scheduling an appointment with a time frame consistent with the assessment and clinical presentation.
- Maintains records of vital statistics and other pertinent data of patient. Receives patient lab results and other data, enters and organizes this data into the patient electronic medical records according to North Shore Physicians group and/or provider protocols. Effectively responds to and communicates urgent or time sensitive information to the appropriate providers in a timely manner. Measures and/or records patient histories, height, weight, temperatures, blood pressure and pulse as appropriate for the visit.
- Communicates and interprets providers clinical information and instructions to patients; with specific direction from the provider including but not limited to instructing patients regarding medication, use of home testing or other equipment or medical supplies, communicating testing results, counsels patients on health maintenance related issues (e.g. cholesterol, control, blood pressure control, etc).
- Prepares patient and exam rooms for and assists with examinations.
related tasks as directed.
- Conducts specified office laboratory and other tests, such as urine dip sticks, hemocult cards and finger stick
- Assists in the collection of specimens. Instructs patients regarding preparation for various tests and procedures.
- Oversees prescription refills and new medication as directed by the providers via electronic medical record, phone or
- Informs patients of test results and/or providers recommendations in person or via phone or mail.
- Cleans and performs routine daily care on instruments and equipment.
- Maintains neatness and general appearance of assigned exam rooms, prepares and replenishes supplies as needed for
- Properly handles and disposes of contaminated and disposable items.
- Orders, receives, stocks and organizes the handling of medications.
- Trains new or less experienced medical assistants and nurses.
- Works with other staff members in a cooperative and supportive fashion.
- Follows North Shore Physicians Group policies and procedures faithfully; attends meetings and continuing educations
opportunities as directed. Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the providers or practice manager.
- Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Treats all patients courteously and with dignity and respect at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Required: Licensed as a Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.