GENERAL SUMMARY / OVERVIEW:
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work with and lead a diverse team. He/She must be able to assist in maintaining efficient patient flow and quality care during clinic hours. The successful candidate is extremely well-organized and proactive in identifying potential issues and addressing them. This position assists in training new staff. This person will work as part of a health care team including physicians, NP/PA's, and others to provide comprehensive urgent care in a non-judgmental manner. This person will be a strong self-starter, communicative leader and collaborative team player that is energized by the ambiguity of a fast paced, high-growth environment with the opportunity to pitch in where needed .
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide back up support for the medical assistant team within scope of practice, assisting in the supervision of work and performance of clinic support staff as instructed
- Provide input for performance reviews and corrective action plans as needed
- Assist with training new and existing staff
- Assist with registration and clinical activities for patient visits
- Providing on-going supervision of staff
- Within scope of practice, assist as needed including medication refill requests, specialty and procedures pre and post clinic chart review
- Review charts, lab test results, and encounter forms for completeness and to assess follow-up as needed
- Assist with clinic scheduling problem solving, patient wait times, and other areas of concern to increase efficient and quality services
- Works collaboratively with clinic staff on programs to improve patient outcomes
- Assists in organizing and participating in quality improvement activities
- Perform other administrative tasks and clinical care as assigned
- Work with colleague to oversee dispensary logs and storage to maintain quality assurance
- Coordinate weekly center inventory, ordering and supply stock maintenance of medical and office supplies
- Provide sick/vacation leave backup for clinic support staff when no other resources available
- Assist with other administrative projects and tasks as needed
- Assists with daily and monthly quality assurance reviews
- Insures completion of Daily Opening and Closing Procedures
- Keeps informed of personnel policies and incorporates them in personal practice as needed
- Understands performance expectations and strives to meet those standards through periodic formal or informal conferences with his/her direct supervisor
- Maintains a positive work environment and provides direction to team members with unusual or complex problems
- Provides direction to team members to ensure departmental compliance with established productivity and standards
- Works with Administrator to identify changes as needed to improve departmental functions in areas related to registration, operations and medical assistant responsibilities
- Ensure staff adheres to organizational compliance initiatives, policies and procedures
- Attends and assists with education programs for learning new skills, practices and trends to improve functioning of the center and patient care.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff
- Understands overall goals of the Partners Urgent Care, and their impact on the centers, staff and patient care
- Assists in the planning of center activities, inspections, projects, etc.
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor by embracing Partners values and always leading by example
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to promote a high level of employee engagement through creation and maintenance of a professional, effective, efficient, rewarding and inclusive working atmosphere.
- Provide feedback on staff performance on a regular basis to leadership team including coaching, corrective action, and performance reviews
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Associate's degree from an accredited college required
- Current state licensure as a radiologic technologist required
- CPR/BLS certification required
- ARRT license required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a high-volume urgent care center or emergency room preferred
- Must have outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
- Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
- Must have positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
- Possess excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
- Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience with EPIC preferred.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.