OverviewGeneral Summary/Overview Statement
The Manager provides leadership to a team of Information Systems professionals who are focused on delivering IT products and/or services to Partners Healthcare and affiliate organizations. S/he oversees day-to-day activities of the team, focusing on achieving the team's deliverables on time and within budget.
The Manager provides strong human resources management, including regular feedback, timely reviews, mentoring and career conversations. S/he is responsible for attracting, retaining, developing and engaging high quality staff.
The Manager of Application Support Services must use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors to guide how we get our work done: Patient (Focus), Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The specifics associated with the Manager role are described in the attached in the Position Specifics Responsibilities section.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with managers and directors to establish the team's goals and objectives, often participating in the definition of work products and timelines.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a team of Information Systems professionals. Focuses on producing the team's deliverables on-time and within budget.
- Employs service management and/or project management methodologies to deliver high quality work products.
- Consistent with Partners Human Resources policies, attracts, retains and develops high quality staff. Establishes and maintains a work environment conducive to high performance. Addresses the training and professional development needs of the staff.
- Interacts with clinicians, staff and various levels of management to communicate the status of the team's efforts.
- Promotes and encourages a high-quality customer service experience for all customer - internal and external.
- Collaborates well with other teams to produce results.
- May work directly with 1-2 vendors to assure delivery of contracted services and products.
- May work on several medium to high complexity projects and/or services.
- Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience; experience in healthcare a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project management and/or service management methods.
- Proven ability to attract, mentor and develop staff.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborator, working across different teams/groups and with vendors to achieve results.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of high quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Standard office environment with the potential of travel to Partners HealthCare locations.
- May need to work in patient care areas
- May require 24X7 responsibilities including evening, night and weekend hours as needed.
- Responsible for a team of 6 or more staff, consultants or other temporary staff.
- Manages resources within the budget framework provided by management.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.