The Manager of NSPG Imaging Services will be responsible for the strategic direction, growth and oversight of seven distinct imaging locations within North Shore Physicians Group including two independently licensed diagnostic testing facilities. Imaging modalities currently include plain film, ultrasound, mammography, cardiovascualar nuclear medicine stress testing, cardiac echo and bone density but may expand to other modalities in the future.
The Manager will be responsible for leading Site Imaging Clinical Leads while consulting with local Site Administrative and Medical Director Leadership to ensure timely and patient focused access to imaging, the smooth operational management of all imaging modalities and stellar strategic and budgetary results for the imaging service line. The Manager will additionally be relied upon as the subject matter expert for industry trends, new imaging opportunities and all regulatory/compliance matters related to imaging operations in both licensed and unlicnesed environments. Patient and staff safety will be incorporated successfully in all aspects of operations.
The Manager will educate and update any modality specific changes or improvements to leadership and staff as well as report out on the imaging service line clinical quality, operational and fiscal performance to the NSPG Board of Trustees, Physicians Executive Council and Senior Leadership forums. As a key member of the Senior Leadership team, the Manager must possess exceptional critical thinking and excellent communication skills, exhibit professionalism, and demonstrate collaborative and innovative leadership, building successful relationships and teams within each NSPG community site and throughout the Mass General Brigham system family.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Evaluates clinical quality, regulatory compliance and safety of newly acquired private practices joining NSPG
- Engages private practice in mitigation of quality, safety and compliance risks with appropriate collaboration, education and development of action plans to enable successful on boarding and future state operations.
- Aligns the NSPG imaging service line with strategic growth and advances recommendations for new sites, new services and service line enhancements to Executive Leadership.
- Plans and designs imaing services in NSPG sites, whether a new location or a new service in an existing location
- Advises and guides purchase and installation of imaging equipment in new space.
- Assists architectural firm with appropriate DPH narrative submissions, physicist review and other elements necessary to achieve DPH licensure of new facilities
- Works collaboratively with PEC, Revenue Integrity and Compliance to ensure appropriate and compliant EPIC structure, coding, and billing are achieved.
- Ensures daily modality operations runs smoothly, identifying operational inefficiencies and implementing improvement intiatives through local Site ladership.
- With the Operational and Financial Analyst teams, the Manager is responsible for developing and monitoring dashboards that enable locat site imaging teams to identify both positive and negative trends, to plan appropriate expansion activities or interventions and to ensure their respective imaging operational and fiscal performance are in alignment with goal.
- Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from infant to geriatric.
- Maintains performance improvement activities within the service line which includes the use of production boards and People link boards that promote the optimization of department workflow and employee engagement in operations and quality improvement.
- Ensures along with the local Site Manager and Clinical Lead, the competency of all personnel with the modality.
- Provides direction on capacity and utilization and assists local Site Leadership with the maintenance and needed adjustments of resource scheduling.
- Ensures modality operates in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations as well as ACR accreditations.
- Responsive to feedback from any customer group (patients, visitors, co-workers, physicians, departments, leadership etc.). Ensures prompt and thorough follow up of complaints, problems and other operational issues. Ensures that any patient or physician concerns, staffing/personnel problems and safety issues are properly reported and resolved..
- Works collaboratively with the NSMC Chief of Radiology Services and addresses image quality concerns that have been brought forward, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with each modality chief to develop and implement protocols as well as new service initiatives.
- Promotes productive intra and inter departmental relationships by collaborating with physicians, support staff, and other professionals to enhance department and organizational goals.
- Maintains knowledge of, observes, and enforces the safety measures in Environment of Care. Participates in planning programs and safety and perparedness of fire and disaster as it pertains specifically for the modality and work area.
- Oversses and developes a strong QA process for the department and routinely reports out to NSPG Quality and Safety leadership and to their staff.
- Serves on Senior Leadership committees and project teams as appropriate or assigned.
- Employes Advanced Lean improvement framework to the flows of patients, information, staff and other areas within the service line. Willing serves as a Workshop Lead, Team Lead, Process Owner or Team Member within relevant improvement events.
- Keeps apprised of industry trends and new technology and brings appropriate information to Executive Leadership when critical to the modality and NSPG performance and growth..
- Directs timely, appropriate equipment preventative maintenance and physicist inspection scheduless as required by the state and manufacturer.
- Keeps apprised of the service agreements for each piece of equipment in the service line with an eye towards equipment life expectancy, planning proactively for replacement.
- Oversees and updates all policies and procedures for the modality as needed and routinely shares with their team
- Is able to assist staff and/or performs the duties of a technologist in the modality certified, when needed to fulfill exceptional patient need and staffing demands. Maintains proficiency in technical skills and in the operations of PACS and EPIC.
- Serves as a positive role model to others in: service excellence, communications, and development of interpersonal relationships.
- Maintains licensure with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) or governing body.
- Demonstrates understanding of code blue, fire and disaster plan and infection control policies; and all policies as required by NSPG and Radiology.
- Demonstrates personal responsibilty for maintaining a satisfactory attendance record.
- Assumes responsibility for continuing professional education and development. Keeps up-to-date regarding best practices for the profession. Maintains competencies through regular participation in-service education programs.
- Applies the professional code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Oversees the NSPG Imaging service line, with 7+ distinct imaging sites, collaborating with the Chief of Radiology, local Clinical Lead and Site Manager/Medical Director dyads to ensure high quality, safe patient care is being pefromed, staff work flows are optimized and efficient , daily equipment and quality checks are done in a timely manner and supply ordering is occurring without delay..
- Provides mentoring of 7-12 local site Clinical Leads on a regular basis and to front line staff when needed.
- Defines, monitors, and tracks staff competencies with the assistance of local site Clinical Leads.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring and retention of site Clinical Leads and staff for Imaging service line.
- Develops and maintains accurate job descriptions for staff. Sets performance standards and applies them consistently.
- Communicates clear service line goals and expectations to site leadership and staff. Ensures that site leadership and staff receive NSPG global and service line orientation, training and professional development, competency assessment and annual performance appraisals in a timely manner. Monitors job performance and provides ongoing feedback and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensures Clinical Leads prepare and implement cost effective staff work schedules, (which includes emergency coverage for evenings, weekends and holidays (as needed).
- Performs time keeping, time off approvals as needed to cover for Clinical Leads when out of office, ensuring adequate staffing at all times. Responsible for accuracy of all time tracking and reporting of payroll in KRONOS.
- Reviews payroll performance to budget and makes necessary changes to optimize efficiencies while ensuring quality and access are not compromised.
- Manages and keeps record of all employees CEUs for licenses.
- Keeps leadership updated on staff benchmark performance for each modality.
- Ensures modality specific safety programs and policies are in place and adhered to by all staff.
- Functions as a liaison between leadership,physicians and support staff, educating, problem solving and coordinating activities which affect patient care. Ensures all information regarding strategy, procedural or operational changes in the service line is communicated to appropriate key stakeholders.