We are looking for a passionate MA to join our Family Medicine office located in Ipswich! This position offers:
North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We have dozens of sites across the North Shore, with more than 400 board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals working as one to provide exceptional care.
We are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction. Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Mass General Brigham, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance.
Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward!
What you will do:
Under direction of a registered nurse, physician, or mid-level provider, the Medical Assistant I is responsible for assisting physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses with:
The Medical Assistant's primary roles are:
What you will need:
• Completion of a formal, post-secondary clinical training program (ex. Medical Assistant, EMT, Paramedic, Nursing Assistant) OR Matriculation in, or graduate of, an Associates or Bachelor’s degree program in nursing (RN). Nursing students must have completed fundamentals of nursing, skills lab, and at least one clinical rotation in medical / surgical nursing.
• Excellent critical thinking, communication, and organizational skills
• Document all patient communications and clinical treatments appropriately
• Comply with established risk management and safety procedures
• Comply with all local, state and federal privacy and confidentiality rules and regulations
• Sound judgment and problem solving ability
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and busy environment and see them through to completion
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Maintain or obtain CPR certification and participate in site-based CPR drills
• Clinical skills include but are not limited to:
- Applies the principles of aseptic/sterile technique and infection control at all times.
- Performs sterilization of medical equipment
- Complies with all quality control programs
- Educates the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising provider in health maintenance, disease prevention, disease management and compliance with the patient's treatment plan.
- Helps the provider and patient identify community resources for health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Assists provider and other office staff in population management using available tools
• Certificate, Diploma or Associates Degree in Medical Assisting from an accredited program.
• 2 years of experience in a related physician’s office setting.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham, is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Full-time | Day Job
Full-time | Day Job
Full Time | Day Job
Full-time | Day Job
Full-time | Rotating
Grow, learn and develop new practice innovations.
Continue your medical education.
Make academic connections and explore teaching opportunities.
Explore leadership opportunities.
Develop clinical and administrative career ladders.
A supportive practice environment
Patient-centered care model.
Leadership that listens and values your contributions and ideas.
Autonomy and respect for your skills and expertise.
Excellent salary and benefits.
NSPG’s MHQP Patient Experience surveys show that we perform higher than the state mean in all domains with 92% of patients indicating that they would recommend NSPG services.
Our physicians are polling in the top 75th percentile of AMGA Satisfaction metrics for almost every major category—the highest physician satisfaction scores of any medical group in the Boston region.
25th percentile in MGMA cost benchmarks and top 75th percentile in revenue benchmarks.
Keywords: Boston medical center, Boston area, Best regional hospital, Best hospital, North Shore’s largest provider, North Shore Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Salem Hospital, Union Hospital, Designated stroke center, High-performing, Partners HealthCare, Community health, Community hospital system, Clinician, Massachusetts hospital, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, In-patient, Teaching, Academic medicine, Clinical ladder, Level III Trauma Center, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Patient-focused care, Patient-Centered Medical Home, Provider, Wellness, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Multispecialty, Boston, North Shore, Marblehead, Salem, Peabody, Danvers, Lynnfield, Lynn, Melrose, Wakefield, Manchester, Nahant, Topsfield, Wenham, Middleton, Malden, Revere, Beverly, Rowley, Saugus, Swampscott