An affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Partners Urgent Care serves as a convenient and affordable urgent care option for those living and working in the Greater Boston area. From coughs and colds to cuts and broken bones, our providers offer great care for a range of illnesses and injuries in clean modern centers. We know urgent medical situations often happen unexpectedly, so our Boston-area Partners Urgent Care clinics seven days a week. Most Partners Urgent Care visits last less than an hour, so our patients can get back to what matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as both, front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment. Performs all of the assigned duties of the host on clinical daily responsibilities check list for opening and closing of center.
- Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner. Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing protocols.
- Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Accurately record patient information such as vital signs, review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR);
- Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, including the ability to start intravenous (IV) lines, draw blood and collect urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral medications, provide injections and immunizations, provide oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assist providers with medical procedures, perform minor procedures, collect specimens, perform rapid laboratory tests, perform EKGs, process and prepare blood samples for outside lab processing, and splinting and fitting patients for durable medical equipment.
- Perform routine lab maintenance and logs; perform routine maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of surgical instrument kits.
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
- Processes payments for services.
- Performs regular and accurate inventory of supplies and processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
- Performs administrative tasks such as composing of and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
- Assist new associates in training as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Medical assistant diploma required
- BLS/CPR certification required
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience in a high-volume urgent care center, primary care practice or emergency room preferred.
- Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs necessary.
- An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
- A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
- Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
- Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.