The Medical Assistant provides patient centric care, patient registration and medical assistance duties as part of the Partners Urgent Care Team. This role is a designated float role, with expected travel to multiple Partners Urgent Care sites on a regular basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as both front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment. Performs all of the assigned duties of the host as needed including processing payments for services.
- Shares responsibility for clinical daily activities including check list for opening and closing of center.
- Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner. Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing protocols.
- Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Accurately records patient information such as vital signs, review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR);
- Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, including the ability to draw blood and collect urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral medications, provide injections and immunizations, provide oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assist providers with medical procedures, perform minor procedures, collect specimens, perform rapid laboratory tests, perform EKGs, process and prepare blood samples for outside lab processing, and splinting and fitting patients for durable medical equipment.
- Performs routine lab maintenance and logs; performs routine maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of surgical instrument kits.
- Cleans and stages exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
- Performs regular and accurate inventory of supplies and processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
- Performs administrative tasks such as composing and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
- Assists new associates in training as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical assistant diploma required
- BLS/CPR certification required
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience in a high-volume urgent care center, primary care practice or emergency room preferred.
- Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs necessary.
- An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
- A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
- Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
- Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work 12.5 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Reliable, independent transportation is required for travel to various PUC locations during any given shift.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building; push, pull and reach; bend; stand for long periods of time; and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.