OverviewThe Social Worker serves as an integral member of the primary care team in the Patient Centered Medical Home model. The Social Worker works closely and collegially with physicians, associate providers, nurse care managers, clinical and administrative staff and collaborates to enhance the delivery of patient care services along the continuum of care. The Social Worker works on the primary care interdisciplinary care coordination team with a proactive approach to identify high-risk psychosocial factors of patients that are impacting their health status. The social worker also helps primary care staff understand the influence of those factors upon the course of medical care and assumes care coordination responsibility for patients at psychosocial risk. The Social Worker will meet the patients' needs efficiently and expeditiously by continuously working to improve the patient experience, ensure high quality patient care, and reduce cost.
- Strong patient assessment and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Goal oriented and accountable.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex setting.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate performance agility in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to work in medical team-based environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to quickly demonstrate competency in various software applications.
- 1+ years experience in medical social work; graduate internship is considered experience
- Masters of Social Work
- Eligible for state licensure (LCSW)
- Experience in primary care
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.