North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We are more than 320 physicians, nurses and health professionals working as one to provide exceptional care. And we are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction.
Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
This position is focused on ongoing monitoring and improvement of the practice-level coding and charge capture. Primary duties including the provision of:
- Analysis of coding, error queue data;- Reporting and feedback to Administrative Directors/Practice Management and Providers on revenue-related issues;- Benchmarking across practices and industry standards;- Coordinating with other members of finance and revenue cycle including, but not limited to:
o Billing Complianceo Professional and Hospital Codingo Professional Billing Management and Staffo Budget and Compensation Analytic Management and Staff
- Directly supervises the NSPG Coding and Charge Entry Analysts.
- Acts as local key liaison/point of contact between and across front-end practice management and providers and other NSPG Finance areas.
- Primarily responsible for NSPG revenue enhancement and maintenance activities, coordinating with other revenue cycle functions of coding, billing, compliance, denial management, financial reporting.
- Creates, distributes, explains, discusses a variety of revenue analysis and education material with NSPG Senior Leadership, Medical Directors, Finance management. As an individual contributor, serves on project teams, maps workflows, drafts policies and procedures, analyzes data, and presents results to senior management.
- Develops ideas and initiatives to enhance revenue cycle performance. Determines entity specific revenue enhancement strategic plans and submits annual revenue enhancement budget for operational improvements.
- Reviews error queue, claim rejection, and denial trends. Makes recommendations for improvement and oversees operational changes. Coordinates payer specific issues as required.
- Assist in new coding and pharmaceutical initiatives through coordination, deployment and reporting on efficacy. This includes participation in the Pharmaceutical and Therapeutics Committee and Quality Council meetings.
- Drafts and presents results to CFO/Executive Director, Finance and other Senior NSPG and PHS Managers. Prepares presentations for CFO/Executive Director, Finance on revenue-related topics.
- Special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Finance, Business, Health Care, or related field preferred.
Five years experience in supervisory or managerial position.
Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills. Candidate must have proven ability to build relationships and work well with staff at various levels of the organization, work in a matrix environment, and influence change by persuasion.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including project minutes, status reports, recommendations, and training materials.
Strong oral and written presentation skills.
Excellent analytical skills. Ability to separate isolated issues from trends and properly diagnose problems.
Demonstrated ability to implement process change.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to work independently, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
Ability to juggle numerous tasks at one time and willingness to be flexible about work assignments. Able to manage in a deadline driven environment as well as handle open-ended assignments.
A leader by example.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.