Performs Patient Intake duties and responsibilities by:
- Supporting an environment for effective, patient-focused care management and services for the patients selecting NSPG Practices. Including but not limited to additional projects identified by operations team or supervisor/manager to meet patient care needs or site specific requests such as referral management, prior authorizations, missed new patient appointment outreach, verifying ACO eligibility based on listing and schedule appointments for continuum of care.
- Contributing to an environment that promotes positive patient outcomes.
- Promoting an environment that is sensitive to the culturally diverse needs of patients, families and employees.
- Demonstrating techniques to achieve successful care management outcomes, including positive relationship building, effective written/verbal communication, ability to effect change, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
- Researches resources and programs available to patients and their caregivers, including but not limited to: Financial and insurance resources, Patient materials including coordination of relevant patient services pertaining to new patient appointments, physician and site specific information, patient gateway portal, urgent care availability, and specialist services offered in NSPG.
Works collaboratively with NSPG Primary Care Practices to provide patients with, including but not limited to:
- Assisting NSPG Practices as necessary with special projects
- Researching and finding resources to assist patients navigate their care within NSPG
- Coaching patients to promote self-care and providing patient education, as appropriate
- Contacting patients for missed new patient appointments to reschedule if needed and track missed and kept appointments for reporting purposes.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Consistently displays professional demeanor.
- Promptly and courteously responds to patients, as well as internal and externals customers.
- Appropriately adheres to the NSPG/NSMC Code of Conduct.
- Appropriately responds to patient inquiries via telephone following established protocols
- Follows procedures for verification of patient demographics information including insurance verification prior to the patient visit
- Utilizing established protocols, appropriately schedules patients whenever possible, at the patients' convenience for provider visits
- Registers all patients at each visit utilizing established policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and insurance information
- Assists in financial clearance ensuring appropriate referrals and/or prior authorizations are obtained
- Processes referral requests by physicians and patients within a timely manner and according to clinic procedure
- Follows clinical guidelines to sort referrals and schedule appropriately based on meeting clinical criteria
- As assigned, processes and maintains medical records in accordance with records protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated assessment and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Goal oriented and accountable in complex medical environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Epic functionality to include Cadence and Ambulatory navigation.
- Knowledge of referral, eligibilty and prior authorization processes and websites such as but not limited to Connex, Noah, Evicore, NIA and Mass.gov
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrates appropriate judgment in decision making.
- Must have ability to interact effectively with a wide range of personalities, ages, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication skills for the patient population.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate performance agility in a continuously changing environment.
Bilingual or Multilingual
Minimum 5 years work experience required, 2 of which must be in a related field.
At least 2 years work experience with demonstrated experience and skills necessary to support the provision multiple medical specialties.
Bachelor's degree or High School degree with 5 years directly related experience.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.