OverviewWe are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work as a part of our Recovery Program embedded within primary care.
Certified Addictions Registered Nurse - Advanced Practice (CARN-AP) (preferred).
Current federal and state controlled substance certification/registration or eligibility. Willingness to obtain a buprenorphine waiver and prescribe Buprenorphine.
Bachelor's and Master's in Nursing
Relying on advanced training in psychodynamics, pathophysiology, physical assessment, pharmacology, treatment intervention, addictions management, harm reduction, and relapse prevention, the APRN provides an assessment and assistance with establishing comprehensive plans that address a broad range of concerns for the patient with Substance Use Disorder.
These include but are not limited to:
- treatment recommendations for intoxication and withdrawal states
- identifying those with at risk alcohol/substance use
- assisting with facilitating appropriate discharge dispositions
- providing education/referrals
- coordination of services between providers, including others on the SUDs team
- psychopharmacological recommendations for medications for addiction treatments and co-morbid psychiatric disorders
A qualified candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and organizational skills.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.