We are looking for a highly motivated cardiac nurse practitioner to join the clinical care team in a busy, private practice cardiology office.
The NP cares for patients with acute and chronic diseases managing therapeutic regimens, prescribing medications and performing other studies and activities that are deemed appropriate. New and follow-up patients will be seen and evaluated by the NP and physician input will be obtained as necessary as described in the nurse practitioner practice guidelines. Overseeing stress tests in the out patient clinic will also be a part of the job description.
- Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing judgments. Responsible for assessing the health care needs of individuals and, under the direction of the cardiologist, formulating and implementing care plans.
- Develops a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients. Learns to develop relationships with patients that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively with patients and healthcare professionals in the exchange of information. * Documents all patient visits and interactions in the EMR system.
- Responsible for managing prescription refills and renewals.
- Responsible for reviewing all lab reports and informing patients of lab test results, as well as the results of any other diagnostic testing.
- Manages INR testing and monitoring.
- Responsible for triaging and responding to patient calls and inquiries that come through the administrative team.
- Licensed registered nurse with a Bachelor degree in nursing, Masters in nursing and at least 2 years of experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in cardiovascular care nursing, knowledge and skills preferred with special training and/or interest in CHF, STEMI , cardiac electrophysiology highly desired.
- Experience in cardiac stress testing highly preferred.
- Experience starting IVs is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and make clinical judgments, but also able to work as a vital part of the clinical team.
- Ability to work with patients 18+ years of age (majority elderly patients).
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- BLS/ACLS certification preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume/CV and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Master's/NP with Mass license.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.