Are you an Advanced Practitioner looking for a per diem opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home? We are seeking NPs and PAs with at least 3 years of direct Adult/Family Medicine experience, preferably within an Ambulatory Setting.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant works remotely as part of our Adult/Family Medicine After Hours Call Program. Telephone calls can range from routine to emergent and may require prescription writing, lab or radiology ordering and interaction with an on-call MD as needed for clinical support. The NP/PA has access to comprehensive patient information via our fully-integrated EMR system, Epic.
There are a variety of shifts available:
- Weekday Shifts (Monday through Friday) - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Overnight Shifts (Monday through Friday) - 9:00 pm - 8:00 am
- Weekend Shifts (Friday evening and overnight, Saturday and Sunday days, evenings and overnight to Monday at 8:00 am) - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, 9:00 pm - 8:00 am, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Minimum of 3 years direct Advanced Practitioner Adult/Family Medicine experience required and ambulatory experience is preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's degree and NLN approved NP program and possess state licensure to practice in the expanded role. Physician Assistant must have graduated from an accredited PA program.
- Current Massachusetts state license as a registered nurse practitioner. NCCPA certification licensure is required.
- Strong triaging skills required.
- Demonstrated competency in providing comprehensive health care including evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements
- Use of Electronic Medical Record
- Must maintain Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Excellent clear verbal communication skills and proficient writing skills required. Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and EPIC.
- Strong computer skills required.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.