Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Martinos Center, oversee all operations of the Martinos Center imaging research core, including oversight of the MRI operations (clinical and preclinical), radio pharmacy, and makerspace. Responsible for directly managing 4 – 5 FTEs, with oversight of the Martinos Core operations team (~15 FTEs.) Oversee billing, scheduling, and budgeting for the imaging research core. Works closely with the Director, Executive Director, and faculty leadership on planning for future infrastructure upgrades, industry partnerships and clinical trials, and strategic initiatives. In partnership with the Center’s Medical Director, oversee safety for the imaging research core.
· Operations Leader: Responsible for overseeing all operations and teams across the Martino Center imaging core. Manage hiring to ensure team has adequate capacity and expertise, reassessing on a regular basis to prepare for future staffing needs. Lead bi-weekly Martinos Center Managers meeting. As a 24-hour facility, the Operations Director is responsible for coordinating on-call coverage for operation-related issues that may arise off-hours.
· Training and Safety: Oversee technical training and safety programs for the Martinos Center imaging core, including MRI, Makerspace, and radio pharmacy training and safety badging programs. In conjunction with MR technologist team, oversee MR Safety Committee. Communicate across MGB system and with other peer organizations to stay on the cutting edge of training and safety.
· Equipment Maintenance, Upgrades, and Infrastructure Planning: Responsible for ensuring all equipment is properly maintained and repaired as necessary. Oversee team in implementation of technical aspects of software and hardware upgrades to the imaging core, serving as key point of contact for core operations. Work closely with the Martinos Center IT department, identifying present and future needs. Partner with Director, Executive Director, and faculty leadership on long term infrastructure planning strategy.
· Industry Studies: Partners closely with Executive Director and MR technologist team to budget, scope and plan for complex industry-sponsored studies and trials. Ensure execution of technical aspects of industry studies, in collaboration with faculty investigators.
· Billing and Scheduling: Oversees billing and scheduling team and serves as liaison with faculty. Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures and ensuring regular review of these policies to meet the needs of the faculty investigators, the capacity of the operations team, and the financial requirements of the imaging core.
· Operational Liaison: Function as a liaison between physicians, principal investigators, and support staff, explaining departmental procedures, resolving issues and coordinating activities which affect patient care. Ensures all information regarding procedural or operational changes in the unit are communicated to appropriate department and hospital personnel.
· Compliance: Develop and maintain all SOPs for imaging core operations across the Martinos Center. Ensures all clinical licenses and ARRT documentation are on file and maintained in Peoplesoft. Ensure that all Unit, Department, Hospital and JCAHO guidelines are met. Annual review/update/post of Medial Emergency Response Plan (posted in every bay).
· Financial Oversight and Reporting: Work with operations team to prepares reports for the Executive Director on all aspects of operations as appropriate including budget, capacity, revenue projections, and strategic planning.
· Effective people management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral communications.
· Ability to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately.
· Working knowledge of scientific research.
· Familiarity with imaging systems including MRI and MRI/PET systems; radiation monitoring equipment; PET tracer infusion systems; contrast power injectors
· Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs, be able to lift, position, push or transfer subjects, have manual dexterity and mobility, be able to see clearly at 20 feet or more, be able to see clearly at 20 inches or less, be able to judge distance and space relationships, be able to see peripherally, and be able to distinguish and identify different colors. Ability to work in an MRI environment.
Field of study/Additional specialized training: Radiological Sciences
A variety of environmental conditions exist. There will be exposure to radioactive isotopes and magnetic fields during daily routines. Exposure to large and small rodent dander, non-human primates, wastes, bodily fluids and dust. Must be able to lift and move heavy machinery (>30lbs) and lead shielding devices.
Fast paced environment requiring the ability to establish and readjust priorities of assigned task to meet program needs.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs, be able to lift, position, push or transfer subjects, have manual dexterity and mobility, be able to see clearly at 20 feet or more, be able to see clearly at 20 inches or less, be able to judge distance and space relationships, be able to see peripherally, and be able to distinguish and identify different colors.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham, is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Grow, learn and develop new practice innovations.
Continue your medical education.
Make academic connections and explore teaching opportunities.
Explore leadership opportunities.
Develop clinical and administrative career ladders.
A supportive practice environment
Patient-centered care model.
Leadership that listens and values your contributions and ideas.
Autonomy and respect for your skills and expertise.
Excellent salary and benefits.
NSPG’s MHQP Patient Experience surveys show that we perform higher than the state mean in all domains with 92% of patients indicating that they would recommend NSPG services.
Our physicians are polling in the top 75th percentile of AMGA Satisfaction metrics for almost every major category—the highest physician satisfaction scores of any medical group in the Boston region.
25th percentile in MGMA cost benchmarks and top 75th percentile in revenue benchmarks.
Keywords: Boston medical center, Boston area, Best regional hospital, Best hospital, North Shore’s largest provider, North Shore Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Salem Hospital, Union Hospital, Designated stroke center, High-performing, Partners HealthCare, Community health, Community hospital system, Clinician, Massachusetts hospital, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, In-patient, Teaching, Academic medicine, Clinical ladder, Level III Trauma Center, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Patient-focused care, Patient-Centered Medical Home, Provider, Wellness, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Multispecialty, Boston, North Shore, Marblehead, Salem, Peabody, Danvers, Lynnfield, Lynn, Melrose, Wakefield, Manchester, Nahant, Topsfield, Wenham, Middleton, Malden, Revere, Beverly, Rowley, Saugus, Swampscott
Protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA compliance
HireControl does not collect any of the following data: