- Performs patient service and administrative duties and office work.
- Coordinates diagnostic tests referrals and tracks appointments visits and authorization
- Verifies Insurance
- Prepares Billing
- Collects data and generates quality assurance reports
- May provides cross coverage to other practices and/or positions, as appropriate
- Provides basic information to patients
- Triages Phone calls
- Orders Medical Records
- Registers and re-registers Patients
- Schedules Patient appointments using an automated or manual system
- Ensures patient forms are completed accurately
- Verifies Patient Demographics/EDI Insurance Verification
- Collects Co-Pays
- Assists with training/orienting of new staff
- Order Entry
- May include duties and responsibilities of the Office Assistant and the Patient Services Coordinator I
- Performs and participates in special projects as directed
- May assist with training and guidance of staff.
- Acts as a liaison with other hospital departments and PHS affiliates
- Provides functional guidance to Levels I & II EE's
- Participates in department or hospital wide committee's.
- Word Processing Skills. Knowledge ofSpreadsheets and database systems. Accurate typing. Understands HMO, managedCare and various coverage options. Strong Communication Skills, both oral andwritten. Ability to Prioritize work.
- Minimumof 3 years related experience, preferably in a clinical setting or PatientServices Coordinator I could move into this level within 1-3 years based ondemonstrated proficiency
- HS Diploma required
- Completion of a certificate and Associate degree preferred inBusiness related or Medical assisting program or Equivalent.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.