OverviewThe Patient Services Representative is a multi-tasking position that consists of all front-end functions including customer service, telephone management, scheduling, registration, copay collections, time of service account management, charge entry, and appropriate cash and end-of day closure procedures. Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Front-end Operations, or the Site Manager, Patient Services Representative (PSR) will ensure that all provider schedules are appropriately populated, telephones are responded to according to established protocols, and complete registration information is captured prior to, or during each patient visit. In this role, the PSR will perform appropriate and timely charge entry for all patient visits, manage cash drawers according to established protocols, post cash to patients accounts, and manage patient responsible account balances at the time of service. Collaborative interaction with patients, physicians, other staff members and management, patient satisfaction and accurate processing of all front-end functions are integral to the success of this individual.
- The PSR must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer orientation and an outgoing and pleasant demeanor.
- 2 years of relevant front-desk and customer related experience in a healthcare facility, Prior experience with patient or customer information systems, cash controls, and
- 3 years in a front-end customer service position preferred. Prior experience and demonstrated competence with patient or customer information systems, cash controls.
- High School Diploma or College level course work preferred but not required.
- A Valid and Current Driver's License, and clean driver's record per NSMC policy, which will be reviewed annually during employee's employment.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.