North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We have dozens of sites across the North Shore, with more than 400 board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals working as one to provide exceptional care.
We are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction. Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Mass General Brigham, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance.
Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward!
What you will do:
Under direction of a physician in the North Shore Physician Group (NSPG) offices, the Physician Assistant provides urgent care to patients. They are responsible for providing family/internal medicine services, including assessing and managing patients in the outpatient setting following established standards and practices. Services care may include performing complete histories and physical exams, performing or ordering simple diagnostic tests, prepare a diagnosis and implement procedures for illnesses as well as urgent cases.
• Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
• Performs minor surgical procedures as is appropriate per skill level.
• Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
• Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits –including same day/urgent care visits.
• Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
• Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family needs.
• Actively supports patient safety program; adheres to applicable patient safety standards including NQF Safe Practices.
• Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation as necessary.
• Applies knowledge and skills of splint application.
• Acts as a resource where expertise is requested in urgent care medicine.
• Collaborates with MD and practice manager regarding the impact of practice or cost and utilization of equipment and supplies.
• Develops and improves skills in the organization of work and in assisting the physician, make efficient use of time, motion and supplies.
• Identifies emergency situations and uses sound judgment in instituting established procedures to respond to emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
• Supports and demonstrates the philosophy, goals, values and standards of the decision of NSPG.
• Maintains the dignity and confidentiality of all patients while promoting autonomy and individuality.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the respect for diverse, ethnic, spiritual, cultural and socioeconomic population (backgrounds).
• Understands and integrates service excellence standards at all times. Serves as a role model. Recognizes the attributes in others and celebrates achievements.
• Participates in implementation of the change process.
• Engages in activities that promote mutual cooperation and supportive collegial relationships.
Per 263 CMR Board of Registration of Physician Assistants in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, a PA shall be accountable to a designated supervisory physician.
Physician supervision of the PA shall be continuous but shall not require the personal presence of the supervisory physician. In addition, the physician is empowered to use his/her discretion in the delegation of functions appropriate to the skill as long as the PA retains legal responsibilities and shares liability of competence.
• Prepares documentation as required in the patient’s electronic medical record following standard clinical practice.
• Ensures all services rendered by the PA are documented according to NSPG policies, regulatory and payor requirements, including CPT coding guidelines and the assigned practice’s policies.
• Ensures services are billed and counter signed by the collaborating and/or supervising physician.
• CPR certification for Healthcare Professionals.
• Follows North Shore Physicians Group policies and procedures faithfully; attend meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed. Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
Required to have completed a Master’s Degree program, and have graduated from a Physician Assistant program approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
Must be currently licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Physician Assistant.
Up to 1 year experience as physicians’ assistant preferably in a family/internal medicine, primary care setting.
Prior ED or Urgent Care experience preferred.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham, is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Grow, learn and develop new practice innovations.
Continue your medical education.
Make academic connections and explore teaching opportunities.
Explore leadership opportunities.
Develop clinical and administrative career ladders.
A supportive practice environment
Patient-centered care model.
Leadership that listens and values your contributions and ideas.
Autonomy and respect for your skills and expertise.
Excellent salary and benefits.
NSPG’s MHQP Patient Experience surveys show that we perform higher than the state mean in all domains with 92% of patients indicating that they would recommend NSPG services.
Our physicians are polling in the top 75th percentile of AMGA Satisfaction metrics for almost every major category—the highest physician satisfaction scores of any medical group in the Boston region.
25th percentile in MGMA cost benchmarks and top 75th percentile in revenue benchmarks.
Keywords: Boston medical center, Boston area, Best regional hospital, Best hospital, North Shore’s largest provider, North Shore Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Salem Hospital, Union Hospital, Designated stroke center, High-performing, Partners HealthCare, Community health, Community hospital system, Clinician, Massachusetts hospital, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, In-patient, Teaching, Academic medicine, Clinical ladder, Level III Trauma Center, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Patient-focused care, Patient-Centered Medical Home, Provider, Wellness, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Multispecialty, Boston, North Shore, Marblehead, Salem, Peabody, Danvers, Lynnfield, Lynn, Melrose, Wakefield, Manchester, Nahant, Topsfield, Wenham, Middleton, Malden, Revere, Beverly, Rowley, Saugus, Swampscott