The office is open from Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Triages and responds to patient telephone calls as necessary
- Assists physicians with results management and patient follow-up.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Sees appropriate follow-up inpatient pulmonary consults and coordinates appropriate outpatient follow-up when necessary.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits -including same day visits.
- Assists in coordination of care for transitions of care (hospital to rehab, hospital to office, etc).
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family needs.
- Actively supports patient safety program; adheres to applicable patient safety standards including NQF Safe Practices.
- Prepares written documentation as required in the patients medical record following standard clinical practice, including CPT Coding guidelines and the assigned practice's policy.
- Maintains and reviews patient electronic medical record and other pertinent information.
- Participates in performance improvement projects and care coordination.
- Follows North Shore Physicians Group policies and procedures faithfully; attends meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed. Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
- Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Treats all patients courteously and with dignity and respect at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.