- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Performs minor surgical procedures as is appropriate per skill level.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits -including same day/urgent care visits.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family needs.
- Actively supports patient safety program; adheres to applicable patient safety standards including NQF Safe Practices.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation as necessary.
- Applies knowledge and skills of splint application.
- Acts as a resource where expertise is requested in urgent care medicine.
- Collaborates with MD and practice manager regarding the impact of practice or cost and utilization of equipment and supplies.
- Develops and improves skills in the organization of work and in assisting the physician, make efficient use of time, motion and supplies.
- Identifies emergency situations and uses sound judgment in instituting established procedures to respond to emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.