As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Under general direction of the Partners Information Systems Senior Manager responsible for Epic-based and EDDH data service integration, the Project Specialist will manage projects, conduct analysis, testing, and troubleshooting, and perform other duties required to deploy and support PHS APIs as part of the Enterprise Data and Digital Health (EDDH) initiative. The initiative has a focus on expanding the "FHIR" API resources available to PHS consumers, and to deploy additional services that will allow data to be written into Epic. The Specialist will work in close collaboration with the API development team, PeC application teams, EDDH Pillars, service consumers, and Epic vendor resources on a regular basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- EDDH web service integration projects:
o Identify functional requirements
o Conduct Epic data analysis and/or collaborate with PeC teams on data analysis
o Create web service functional specifications
o Unit and functional testing in multiple test environments
o Publish to Enterprise Data and Service Provisioning (EDSP) with full documentation
o Promote to production
- PHS web service support duties as required. Provide quality production support to all customers:
o On-call responsibilities (24/7 supported by team rotation)
o Provide support to users including troubleshooting and issue resolution
o Work with project teams across many functional areas
- Adhere to Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values focus on Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; plus, how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Support related PHS initiatives as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree required
- Eight or more years business analysis experience required
- Five or more years of experience in data integration and/or healthcare IT is required.
- Successful project management experience required
- Working knowledge of HL7 FHIR is required.
- Experience with SOAP UI or other web service testing tools is required.
- Knowledge of Epic software modules and/or data structures is preferred.
- Strong PC skills including PowerPoint, Excel etc. (Microsoft Office)
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Self-motivated, able to grasp new material quickly
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, written, and listening skills
- Able to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects
- Innovation, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to excel in a matrixed work environment and respond to competing priorities
- Work both as team player and individual contributor
- Build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy
- Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.