North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We are more than 320 physicians, nurses and health professionals working as one to provide exceptional care. And we are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction.
Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
- Responsible for patient triage during the day for patients seeking care, gathers information about relevant clinical signs and symptoms and make and executes a timely and accurate triage decision regarding the patient's care. This may include giving direct advice, directing the patient to a hospital emergency facility, scheduling an appointment with a time frame consistent with the assessment and clinical presentation.
- Maintains records of vital statistics and other pertinent data of patient. Receives patient lab results and other data, enters and organizes this data into the patient medical records according to North Shore Medical Center and NSPG protocols.
- Effectively responds to and communicates urgent or time sensitive information to the appropriate providers in a timely manner.
- Measures and/or records patient histories, height, weight, temperatures, blood pressure and pulse as appropriate for the visit.
- Communicates and interprets providers clinical information and instructions to patients; with specific direction from the provider including but not limited to instructing patients regarding medication, use of home testing or other equipments or medical supplies, communicating testing results, counsels patients on health maintenance related issues (e.g. cholesterol, control, blood pressure control, etc).
- Acts as a liaison and advocate for patients with external agencies and institutions to ensure that all necessary care is received. Ensures that referrals are made in an appropriate and timely fashion and that appropriate documentation is provided.
- Provides care management and ensures continuity of care for individuals and families through the development and implementation of tracking systems and follow up procedures.
- Prepares patient and exam rooms for and assists with examinations.
- Administers medications, dresses wounds and incisions, assists with minor surgery and performs related tasks as directed.
- Conducts specified office laboratory and other tests, such as hemocult cards, breath tests, and capsule studies.
- Assists in the collection of specimens.
- Instructs patients regarding preparation for various tests and procedures.
- Oversees prescription refills and new medication as directed by the providers.
- Informs patients of test results and/or providers recommendations in person or via phone or mail.
- Reviews missed appointments with the clinic preceptor at the end of each day to determine appropriate plans for rescheduling the missed appointment.
- Document this contact in the patients' record.
- Record review must be done at the end of each day.
- Assists with the oversight and coordination of quality controls.
- Cleans and performs routine daily care on instruments and equipment.
Maintains neatness and general appearance of assigned exam rooms, prepares and replenishes supplies as needed for these rooms.
- Properly handles and disposes of contaminated and disposable items.
- Orders, receives, stocks and organizes the handling of medications.
- Trains new or less experienced medical assistants and nurses.
- Works with other staff members in a cooperative and supportive fashion.
- Attends meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed.
- Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the clinic preceptor or program manager.
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.