We are looking for a passionate full-time RN to join our Spine Care Office conveniently located right off Route 128 at 4 Centennial Drive, Peabody, MA. This RN will assist with procedures and clinic projects in physiatry/spine surgery and with the Orthopedic Surgery department. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We have dozens of sites across the North Shore, with more than 400 board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals working as one to provide exceptional care.
We are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction. Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Mass General Brigham, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance.
Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward!
What you will do:
The Registered nurse is the designation given to an individual who is a graduate of an approved registered nursing program, and who is currently licensed as a registered nurse in Massachusetts. The Registered Nurse functions within the framework specified by the nursing statutes and regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Registered Nurse is responsible in general for office nursing, continuity of care, health education and patient triage. Performs administrative and other tasks as necessary to accomplish and support such care and treatment
• Responsible for patient triage during the day for patients seeking care, gathers information about relevant clinical signs and symptoms and make and executes a timely and accurate triage decision regarding the patient’s care. This may include giving direct advice, directing the patient to a hospital emergency facility, scheduling an appointment with a time frame consistent with the assessment and clinical presentation.
• Maintains records of vital statistics and other pertinent data of patient. Receives patient lab results and other data, enters and organizes this data into the patient medical records according to North Shore Medical Center and Salem Family Health Center protocols.
• Effectively responds to and communicates urgent or time sensitive information to the appropriate providers in a timely manner.
• Measures and/or records patient histories, height, weight, temperatures, blood pressure and pulse as appropriate for the visit.
• Communicates and interprets providers clinical information and instructions to patients; with specific direction from the provider including but not limited to instructing patients regarding medication, use of home testing or other equipments or medical supplies, communicating testing results, counsels patients on health maintenance related issues (e.g. cholesterol, control, blood pressure control, etc).
• Acts as a liaison and advocate for patients with external agencies and institutions to ensure that all necessary care is received. Ensures that referrals are made in an appropriate and timely fashion and that appropriate documentation is provided.
• Provides care management and ensures continuity of care for individuals and families through the development and implementation of tracking systems and follow up procedures.
• Prepares patient and exam rooms for and assists with examinations.
• Administers injections and medications, dresses wounds and incisions, assists with minor surgery and performs related tasks as directed.
• Conducts specified office laboratory and other tests, such as urine dip sticks, hemocult cards and finger stick hemoglobins.
• Assists in the collection of specimens.
• Instructs patients regarding preparation for various tests and procedures.
• Oversees prescription refills and new medication as directed by the providers.
• Informs patients of test results and/or providers recommendations in person or via phone or mail.
• Reviews missed appointments with the clinic preceptor at the end of each day to determine appropriate plans for rescheduling the missed appointment.
• Document this contact in the patients’ record.
• Record review must be done at the end of each day.
• Assists with resident schedules
• Assists with the oversight and coordination of quality controls.
• Cleans and performs routine daily care on instruments and equipment.
• Maintains neatness and general appearance of assigned exam rooms, prepares and replenishes supplies as needed for these rooms.
• Properly handles and disposes of contaminated and disposable items.
• Orders, receives, stocks and organizes the handling of medications.
• Trains new or less experienced medical assistants and nurses.
• Works with other staff members in a cooperative and supportive fashion.
• Attends meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed.
• Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
• Performs other tasks as requested by the clinic preceptor or program manager.
What you will need:
• Required: Requires a minimum of one-year triage experience in medical office setting or hospital.
• Preferred: Internal medicine experience preferred
• Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Preferred: BSN
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration:
• Required: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham, is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Full-time | Day Job
Full-time | Day Job
Full-time | Day Job
Grow, learn and develop new practice innovations.
Continue your medical education.
Make academic connections and explore teaching opportunities.
Explore leadership opportunities.
Develop clinical and administrative career ladders.
A supportive practice environment
Patient-centered care model.
Leadership that listens and values your contributions and ideas.
Autonomy and respect for your skills and expertise.
Excellent salary and benefits.
NSPG’s MHQP Patient Experience surveys show that we perform higher than the state mean in all domains with 92% of patients indicating that they would recommend NSPG services.
Our physicians are polling in the top 75th percentile of AMGA Satisfaction metrics for almost every major category—the highest physician satisfaction scores of any medical group in the Boston region.
25th percentile in MGMA cost benchmarks and top 75th percentile in revenue benchmarks.
Keywords: Boston medical center, Boston area, Best regional hospital, Best hospital, North Shore’s largest provider, North Shore Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Salem Hospital, Union Hospital, Designated stroke center, High-performing, Partners HealthCare, Community health, Community hospital system, Clinician, Massachusetts hospital, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, In-patient, Teaching, Academic medicine, Clinical ladder, Level III Trauma Center, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Patient-focused care, Patient-Centered Medical Home, Provider, Wellness, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Multispecialty, Boston, North Shore, Marblehead, Salem, Peabody, Danvers, Lynnfield, Lynn, Melrose, Wakefield, Manchester, Nahant, Topsfield, Wenham, Middleton, Malden, Revere, Beverly, Rowley, Saugus, Swampscott