Responsible for the comprehensive delivery of medical nutrition therapy using evidence based practice. Screens, assesses, implements nutrition care plans; documents, and completes referrals for general patients. Adheres to departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Culture of Excellence
- See everyone as worthy of respect and attention.
- Design care and services for and with each patient.-
- Make it a priority to assist patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.
- Understand organizational goals and priorities. Compliance Responsibilities;
- Understands and adheres to North Shore Medical Centers' (NSMC) compliance standards as they appear in Corporate
Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct, and NSMC's Policies.
- Professional, Supervisory and Managerial Staff, keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and NSMC regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Managerial Staff ensure that their staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
- Demonstrated Competency in evaluating/planning nutrition care.
- Communicates with and obtains information from the patient, family members, and uses this information to ensure patient-focused care and patient involvement in decision making, following HIPPA guidelines
- Obtains comprehensive data on individual patient's personal medical/health histories including lab results, medications, demographics and activity/exercise.
- Determines nutrient and energy requirements.
- identifies and reviews possible food/medication/herb interactions.
- Analyzes and interprets nutrition and health assessment data, identifies nutrition-related problems and sets priorities for nutrition intervention.
- Formulates nutrition care plans. Establishes follow up plans and continues providing nutrition care to obtain appropriate clinical outcomes.
- Educate patient, family members about diet modifications for the home and Individualizes plan to meet specific needs, food preferences, and usual eating pattern.
- Documents initial and follow up nutrition health assessments in the medical record according to department standards.
- Demonstrates ability to change patient's nutrition behavior for positive health outcomes.
- Promotes nutrition care services to other health care providers and practices through individual communication.
- Informs and educates colleagues and peers of currents developments in their specialty
- Actively engages in process Improvement to advance delivery of nutrition care with limited resources
- Develops professional portfolio consistent with area of practice and seeks continuing education activities to maintain competence.
- Accountable for meeting budgeted volume and revenue projections in assigned area through marketing of nutrition services and community outreach.
- Meets established productivity goals
- Promotes vision of North Shore Physicians Group as well as provide education at community sponsored events.
- Precepts and Instructs dietetic interns and participates in their performance evaluation. People
- Demonstrates ability To communicate to communicate to diverse group of patient, colleagues, and their health care professlona Is
- Educates other health care professionals about the positive Impact of appropriate nutritional care.
- Provides competency based training to colleagues.
Demonstrates ability to collaborate across Partners, NSMC, and NSPG strategic goals and academic Initiatives.
- Willingness to work as member of team.
- Required: Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
- Preferred: Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills. This position will have substantial Interrelations with NSPG Medical Directors, physicians, Clinical Supervisors, nurses responsible for ancillary services, family and patients of NSPG and other allied health professionals as required.
- Required: 5 Years clinical experience
- Required: MS in Nutrition
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration
- Required: Registered Dietitian- Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Required: Licensed Dietitian-Commonwealth of MA
- Required: Advanced Certification
- Preferred: Certified Diabetes Educator
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.