GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Working under general supervision of a manager or project leader and following established policies and procedures, provides assistance on research and clinical studies. May be responsible for the following activities: recruiting, advertising and evaluating human research subjects for studies; collecting and organizing subject data; scheduling subjects for study visits, performing clinical tests such as EKGs, etc.; maintaining and updating data generated by the study.
1. Coordinates the implementation of research studies within the BWH community as well as with external vendors, professionals, and stakeholders.
2. Initiates and maintains contact with study participants, via telephone, mail and/or email. Responsible for screening applicants, ensuring they satisfy all inclusion/exclusion criteria for the protocol, and in conjunction with the Project Leaders make judgments as to the eligibility of the potential participant.
3. Working in concert with the Project Leaders, develops and implements participant recruitment strategies that are effective in meeting project goals while adhering to budget limits. This includes designing and, placement of advertising, analyzing data to determine the most effective advertising strategies for the target population.
4. Develops, organizes and/or maintains participant information database for the study to meet internal (department, Human Research Committee) and external (NIH, FDA, etc.) guidelines and requirements. Required to input and check data and prepare and present weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
5. In conjunction with the Project Leader, develops and prepares materials necessary for the implementation of research protocols, including study design, data collection systems and methods, screening materials, etc. Will be required to perform clinical tests such as EKGs and psychological exams, and to schedule tests with internal and external professionals.
6. Responsible for preparing and tracking payments to study participants, professionals, outside vendors, and others in support of study activities, in conjunction with the DSM financial administrator. Responsible for tracking spending on participant recruitment and screening costs for study and providing regular updates to Project Leader, PI, Financial Administrator, and/or Project Manager.
7. Responsible for study specific equipment and for assisting Project Leader in testing, setting up, and training other staff on study equipment. Monitors study events and data collection activities during the study.
8. Assists Project Leaders in organization, cleaning/editing and analysis of data during and/or following the study.
9. Assist the Principal Investigator/Project Leaders with preparation of study generated information for presentations and manuscripts.
10. May assist in training and orienting new staff.
11. Performs all other duties, as required.
Prefer one year of experience in a clinical research setting and/or customer service or related experience.
Prefer individual with a background in psychology, neuroscience, biology or related fields.
Ability to work independently in a busy open office setting with several other employees.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
Ability to pay careful attention to detail while not losing sight of overall goals and priorities.
Ability to maintain good working relationships within the Division and with staff members in other departments.
Ability to learn and understand clinical research protocols and study goals.
Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subject rights and individual needs, and to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to demonstrate sound independent judgment.
Ability to learn new technical skills and perform them with competency.
The employee will work in an open office area with several other employees.
Requires regular interactions with other BWH departments to conduct screening visits.
Potential exposure through contact with biological specimens.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.