North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We are more than 320 physicians, nurses and health professionals working as one to provide exceptional care. And we are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction.
Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
Performs Flow Volume Loops
- Performs Maximum Voluntary Ventilation
- Performs Lung Volumes
- Performs Single Breath Diffusion Studies (DLCO)
- Performs Arterial Blood Gas Sampling
- Oximetry, with rest and exercise oximetry and overnight oximetry including retrieval of data.
- Performs bedside pulmonary function testing
- Performs Methacholine Challenge Test and administers Methacholine.
- Administers bronchodilator for post testing.
- Administers therapeutic gases such as oxygen and other mixes used for testing.
- Performs operation and maintenance of pulmonary function equipment
- Maintains documentation of records and proper charging of procedures. Maintains adequate inventory of supplies.
- Completes all yearly required mandatories and other requirements as needed.
- Participates in department Quality Assurance as needed.
- Review and print orders from Central Scheduling.
- Ability to function independently.
- Ability to communicate with physicians, nurses, peers and other medical staff.
- Additional duties may be assigned under the direction of the Department Manager.
Required Skills: The pulmonary function therapist must be self-directed and detailed oriented. They are required to perform Arterial Blood Gas Draw, FVL, MVV, SVC, Lung Volume determination, DLCO, Methacholine Challenge. They must have pharmacologic knowledge and the ability to use the delivery devices such as MDI, nebulizer and spacers. Understanding of pulse oximetry and overnight oximetry data. They must be knowledgeable in oxygen therapy including tank safety. Computer competency and the ability to successfully perform many tasks simultaneously. BLS (current) and TB completed on an annual basis
Required Education: Minimum Associates Degree in Science from an A.M.A. approved school of Respiratory Care. CRT, RRT, CPFT or RPFT by the National board Certification.
Required Licensure: Requires a Current /Valid Massachusetts license as a Respiratory Therapist, RRT, CRT, CPFT, RRT or RPFT.
Preferred Experience: A graduate from an approved school of Respiratory Therapy, Pulmonary Function experience preferred.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.