OverviewPartners Healthcare is an integrated care system consisting of top-ranked, Harvard-affiliated core hospitals - Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, along with specialty hospitals like McLean Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. It is also the nation's largest academic research enterprise with more than $1.6 billion in annual research expenditures.
The senior strategic operations manager will help drive the cross-functional program operations of the Enterprise Data & Digital Health (EDDH) program office. In this multi-disciplinary role, the senior manager will support strategic and operational planning, as well as direct program shared services like HR, communications, etc. As the primary support to the executive director, the senior manager will support strategic planning for this multi-year program, working collaboratively across EDDH and the Partners system to build out a vision for digital health that addresses the strategic needs of the system. The senior manager will also support the engagement, management, and integration of pillar (project) and infrastructure teams, taking the lead in facilitating key workgroups and moving EDDH initiatives forward with senior leadership. They will provide oversight of the standard project management activities, ensuring the diligent tracking and oversight of this critical system initiative. The program manager will have two direct reports, a program manager and a business analyst. The senior manager is responsible for ensuring that information flows smoothly between the project teams, leadership teams, relevant steering committees or advisory boards. Coordination will include the ability to utilize data at a tactical and strategic level to exhibit transparency and advance key initiatives. Additional responsibilities may be included.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Planning:
o Assist and help drive the creation and refinement of the EDDH fiscal year strategy and help tell the story of how the strategy will deliver impact for Partners
o Support the ongoing management of program strategic planning, helping coordinate and organize the relevant discussions, iterations, and final deliverables with great attention to detail
- Program Operations / Oversight Responsibilities:
o At as the primary point of contact for shared services that are leveraged for EDDH including HR, Comms, Supply Chain, etc.
o Leads assigned work groups and facilitates interactions to arrive at the necessary program management process and solutions
o Manages program issues and identify risks and mitigation strategies using strong analytical and problem-solving skills
o Initiates and maintains communications with internal and external colleagues including project collaborators, taskforce, vendors, etc. where applicable
o Works as an autonomous decision maker and recognizes when the involvement of the ED or other senior leadership is required
o Manages the program's program business analyst, providing tasks, direction, and opportunities for staff development
o Prepares and gives presentations to audiences as directed
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Executive Director, Enterprise Data & Digital Health.
- 5-8 years progressive management experience in Healthcare, consulting, technology and /or aligned field
- BS, advanced degree/MBA required
- Track record of successfully implementing new talent programs and scaling them to meet diverse needs
- Experience managing $10M+ budget
- Extensive experience leading large, complex projects, working with matrixed partners and successfully influencing senior leaders
- Strong track record of operational excellence
- Storytelling: ability to communicate complex ideas in a way that is digestible to broad audience and leads to decision and action
- Results driven-sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved outcomes, leads change, and ensures high standards
- Motivates team to deliver on aggressive goals, clearly articulating business value and impact of work
- Strong creative problem solving with ability to craft Partners-specific solutions to meet the wide range of business needs across the organization
- Demonstrated high level of competency in leading matrixed people and large projects that cross functional areas and business priorities.
- Set, communicate, align on, and achieve common goals and objectives
- Adept at establishing trusted relationships at all levels across the organization and collaborating across multi-functional teams to drive accountability, improve quality and change behaviors
- Strong financial management skills, from the ability to understand and make decisions about accounting specific issues to presenting financial highlights to management.
- Must be decision / action oriented.
- Strong communications skills are essential.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Excellent change management skills with proven track-record of leading enterprise wide change initiatives
- Standard office environment with possible local travel to Partners sites, vendors, and conferences
- Program Manager
- Business Analyst
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Partners resources
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.