The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work with and lead a diverse team. He/She must be able to assist in maintaining efficient patient flow and quality care during clinic hours. The successful candidate is extremely well-organized and proactive in identifying potential issues and addressing them. This position assists in training new staff. This person will work as part of a health care team including physicians, NP/PA's, and others to provide comprehensive urgent care in a non-judgmental manner. This person will be a strong self-starter, communicative leader and collaborative team player that is energized by the ambiguity of a fast paced, high-growth environment with the opportunity to pitch in where needed .
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide back up support for the medical assistant team within scope of practice, assisting in the supervision of work and performance of clinic support staff as instructed
- Provide input for performance reviews and corrective action plans as needed
- Assist with training new and existing staff
- Assist with registration and clinical activities for patient visits
- Provide informal supervision of center staff, working with both the Director of Operations and Manager of Training and Development
- Within scope of practice, assist as needed including medication refill requests, specialty and procedures pre and post clinic chart review
- Review charts, lab test results, and encounter forms for completeness and to assess follow-up as needed
- Assist with clinic scheduling problem solving, patient wait times, and other areas of concern to increase efficient and quality services
- Works collaboratively with clinic staff on programs to improve patient outcomes
- Assists in organizing and participating in quality improvement activities
- Perform other administrative tasks and clinical care as assigned
- Work with colleague to oversee dispensary logs and storage to maintain quality assurance
- Coordinate weekly center inventory, ordering and supply stock maintenance of medical and office supplies
- Assists with daily and monthly quality assurance reviews as requested
- Assist with other administrative projects and tasks as needed
- Ensures completion of Daily Opening and Closing Procedures
- Keeps informed of personnel policies and incorporates them in personal practice as needed
- Understands performance expectations and strives to meet those standards through periodic formal or informal conferences with his/her direct supervisor
- Understands overall goals of the Partners Urgent Care, and their impact on the centers, staff and patient care
- Assists in the planning of center activities, inspections, projects, etc.
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor by embracing Partners values and always leading by example
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to promote a high level of employee engagement through creation and maintenance of a professional, effective, efficient, rewarding and inclusive working atmosphere.
- Provide feedback on staff performance on a regular basis to leadership team including coaching, corrective action, and performance reviews
- Perform special projects as assigned
- MA Certification
- Able to perform all tasks listed in the Partners Urgent Care Medical Assistant job description
- Minimum 3 years experience as an MA, preferably in Urgent Care Setting
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Effective in operating in a collaborative, patient focused environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision; understands when to escalate issues.
- Self-directed, motivated, and engaged; willing and able to commit the time necessary to accomplish position's objectives.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building; push, pull and reach; bend; stand for long periods of time; and sit for long periods of time.
- Position requires frequent local travel to Urgent Care centers. Private transportation required.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.