North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We are more than 320 physicians, nurses and health professionals working as one to provide exceptional care. And we are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction.
Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
For this role, we are seeking an experienced Medical Assistant for our Internal Medicine Office located at 1 Hutchinson Drive in Danvers. Internal medicine primary care physicians provide physical examinations, routine health screenings and preventative care for adults. Our primary care physicians lead a team of care providers focused on the needs of each patient. Care is provided in a proactive manner, with a focus on wellness and prevention.
This role would be supporting Cerima Durakovic, MD, a Primary Care Doctor with a clinical interest in Dermatology.
Under the direction of a registered nurse, physician, or mid-level provider, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during and between office visits and other tasks consistent with his / her training and skills. His / her primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the office; function as a "flow manager"; to maintain neat, clean, and safe patient care areas, and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Document all patient communications and clinical treatments appropriately
- Comply with established risk management and safety procedures
- Comply with all local, state and federal privacy and confidentiality rules and regulations
- Sound judgment and problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and busy environment and see them through to completion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain or obtain CPR certification and participate in site-based CPR drills
- Clinical skills include but are not limited to:
- Applies the principles of aseptic/sterile technique and infection control at all times.
- Performs sterilization of medical equipment
- Complies with all quality control programs
- Educates the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising provider in health maintenance, disease prevention, disease management and compliance with the patient's treatment plan.
- Helps the provider and patient identify community resources for health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Assists provider and other office staff in population management using available tools
- Strong organizational Skills
- Completion of a formal program in Medical Assisting OR Matriculation in, or graduate of, an Associates' or Bachelor's degree program in nursing (RN). Nursing students must have completed fundamentals of nursing skills, lab, and at least one clinical rotation in medical / surgical nursing.
- 2 years of experience in a related physician's office setting
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.