OverviewAs a member of the NSPG Analytics Team, the Business Support Specialist reports to the Senior Business Support Specialist. The Business Support Specialist also works directly with NSPG and affiliated medical groups' Operations, Finance, and Training teams, as well as staff at various levels throughout NSPG, NSMC, and affiliated medical groups. The Business Support Specialist will be responsible for acquisition, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of clinical, financial, and administrative data to support NSPG and affiliated medical groups' leadership strategy, operations, and a range of other performance improvement efforts. Responsibilities include identifying areas for process and systems improvement, working with operational areas to document business needs, writing functional specifications, preparing and executing test plans, training users, coordinating interdisciplinary work groups, and project management.
- Acts as liaison with NSMC, NSPG, NSHS, and affliated medical groups' business owners and Finance to categorize and prioritize leakage targets and develop reporting requirements that effectively illustrate opportunities.
- Identifies useful sources of data, initiates data collection, evaluates accuracy of data, and summarizes data into usable formats for planning, create actionable items.
- Collaborates with IS when necessary to request and develop reports.
- Develop metrics and dashboards to be used for operational improvement.
- Analyzes and forecasts operational capacity impact(s) of attaining new business volumes in ROI analysis when applicable.
- Measures success by trending key metrics and reporting out to leadership at regular intervals.
- Liaison with other PHS entities on referral management reporting and analytics best practices, tools and techniques
- Drafts provider communications and educational/training literature aimed to positively influence referral behavior patterns.
- Works independently with minimal supervision, sets priorities and manages deadlines. Safeguards, preserves and maintains confidentiality of all protected health information.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- In depth understanding of relational databases, data management, as well as solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Word)
- Ability to query systems and abstract data
- Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting
- Detail oriented and work product has a very high level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities
- Knowledge of CMS and MassHealth payment methodologies
- Experience with analytic tools such as Tableau
- Experience with Epic
- Required: Minimum 3 years experience in an analytical role
- Preferred: Healthcare experience in a clinical, operational or analytical role
- Required: Bachelors
- Preferred: None
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.