Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
The NSPG Analytics Team works to support NSPG and other Parthers HealthCare physician group leadership strategies and decisions. The team develops and delivers solutions to complex problems based on data analysis and in depth knowledge of many data sources.
Under the supervision of the Director of Analytics and Business Strategy, the Database Developer - Analyst will be responsible for programming tasks related to ETL and database development as well as development and support of analytical reports for end users. The Database Developer - Analyist will collaboarate with operations, finance, and training teams, as well as staff at various levels throughout NSPG, NSMC, and associated physicians groups within Partners Healthcare.
- Develops and supports SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and scheduled jobs.- Creates and tests SQL Server scripts, functions, and stored procedures to support ETL processing and the needs of end-user analysts.- Provides thoughtful feedback on data architecture design and data model decisions.- Builds and tests reports using Tabeau, Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Crystal Reports, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).- Assists in administration of user access and appropriate report distribution.- Collaborates with leadership to define problems and clarify project objectives.- Evaluates data and reports to determine if they meet end user requirements.- Coordinates with external departments to obtain data and ensure data integrity.- Regularly reviews data, identifies trends, and communicates changes in trends to leadership.- Leads, conducts, and coordinates development/analytic projects as assigned.- Provides cross-coverage for other team members.- Leads by example, actively demonstrating and contributing to NSPG Mission of the "perfect patient experience every time".
- Willing to work in a Lean management style environment and willing to learn Lean techniques.- Identifies sources of useful data to describe clinical and operations work processes and outcomes.- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and NSPG strategy- Work closely with end users to define business needs, develop project goals, approach, scope and work plan to meet both system and operational objectives- Leverage technology to improve processes. Be forward thinking with regard to use of technology and its application to current processes. Utilize existing technologies to the fullest to ensure efficient operations.People- Participate in both Operational and Technical Projects.- Analyzes entire data flows for automation opportunities. Understands the cost-benefit trade-off of possible automation projects and communicates this information to supervisors when appropriate.
- Provides administrative, analytic, and reporting support to senior medical and leadership committees as needed.
- Able to identify complex problems, their probable causes, their impact to operations, report them appropriately, offer possible solutions and decide on the optimal course of action. Able to independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to complete resolution.
- Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to take initiative, embrace challenges and develop creative solutions.
- Address system inquiries and provide support to end-users at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively communicate with cross functional teams including both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to facilitate and work within complex, multi-site environment.
Quality- Demonstrates comfort and enjoyment working within a team.
- Creates and maintains custom database solutions to automate analytic and reporting needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in manipulating and interpreting data.
- Gathers and compiles documentation on standard data sets.
- Creates documentation for projects to facilitate Lean Standard Work.
- Understands Epic and other application user interface design principles.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, take initiative and perform with integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to work well under pressure and on concurrent projects.
- Ability to manage priorities independently.
- 3 to 5 years working experience as a report developer or database programmer in a relational database environment.
- 2+ years experience with a reporting tool (SSRS, Tableau, etc).
- Proven skills in developing ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes using a relational database - preferably SQL Server.
- Experience in creating or using stored procedures and functions to transform data in a relational database.
- Ability to assists with various database-related tasks, depending on need.
- Experience developing dashboards using business intelligence software, preferably Tableau.
- Experience with data collection, analytics and reporting from multi-sourced databases.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to work accurately while meeting tight deadlines within an environment with changing priorities.
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong team player with the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel and MS Access.
- Excellent organizational, written/verbal and presentation skills, and the ability to work well with individuals at all levels within the institution.
- Independent learner who can acquire the necessary software skills to get the job done, including learning new applications, reporting tools, and/or programming languages.
- Ability to work well with others in a demanding and changing environment, including those whose expertise is not analytic or technical.
- Ability to work in incremental steps toward long-term strategy/vision
- Familiarity with Epic, MGPO IPort, PHS EDW.Education/Degree Requirements
- BS/BA in computer science or related field. Similar work experience, technical skills, or relevant certification may be considered in place of bachelor's degree.
- Must maintain awareness of changing technology.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.