North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We are more than 320 physicians, nurses and health professionals working as one to provide exceptional care. And we are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction.
Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance. Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward.
We are seeking a Diabetes Management Nurse to support NSPG.
- Conducts individual health assessments on diabetes patients.
- Conducts group and individual diabetes education sessions and class instruction for newly diagnosed or high-risk patients and their family members according to established curriculum.
- Works with patients and family members from diverse ethnic backgrounds and wide age spans.
- Responsible for data entry of patient charges.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment in accordance with the OSHA, Infection Control and Safety Policies.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Adheres to hospital wide standards and department specific standards for service excellence, including, but not limited to: identification of and response to customer needs, appropriate communication, protection of patient privacy and confidentiality, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for continuing professional education and development.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications.
- Keeps up-to-date on best practices for Profession.
- Maintains competence through regular participation in service education programs and other educational opportunities.
- Assists with ensuring the safe operation and compliance with State, Federal and JCAHO requirements, regulations and standards.
Required Skills: Effective interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff with diverse cultural backgrounds. Ability to communicate information in an understandable manner. Computer knowledge, ability to quickly gain competency in various software application including hospital specific software applications. Ability to prioritize and plan work in order to accomplish all required tasks. Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.