OverviewReporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparations and analysis of a variety of management reports. This reporting includes, but is not limited to, reimbursement analysis, receivable analysis, rejection trending, reserve analysis, and Physician compensation. The role of the analyst is to understand revenue cycle issues and the key metrics that impact overall performance. In addition the Financial Analyst will often provide analytical support to individual departments and Hospital practices. The position requires strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Provide analysis to the management team summarizing practice performance including explanations of any variances to budget projections.
- Review current performance metrics to identify any potential operational issues.
- Provide analytical support to the managers regarding analysis of practice specific performance.
- Assist in development of new processes to improve operational efficiency and performance.
- Point person in the implementation, support, and maintenance of the Physician Compensation Model.
- Key contributor in the coordination and development of the annual operating budget.
- Point Person in the implementation, enhancement, support, and maintenance of the new SRC budget package.
- Work closely with various levels of management and staff related to budget development of various monthly and annual budget presentations.
- Track and analyze monthly revenue and statistics results.
- Reserve analysis.
- Assist in other management and budget assignments as assigned
- Required: Excellent analytical Skills. Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail. Intermediate to advanced Excel and Access skills. PeopleSoft, IDX (Group Cast / Flow Cast) and SRC budget experience highly desirable. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Required: 3 years of work experience in financial setting, preferable in health care.
- Preferred:Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance. MBA preferred
Applicants with relevant experience will be considered. North Shore Medical Center is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening is required.