Responsible for providing family medicine services, including assessing and managing patients in the outpatient setting following established standards and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Culture of Excellence Responsibilities;
- See everyone as worthy of respect and attention.
- Design care and services for and with each patient.
- Recognize that patients see quality service as quality care.
- Make it a priority to assist patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.
- Understand organizational goals and priorities.
- Understands and adheres to North Shore Medical Centers' (NSMC) compliance standards as they appear in Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and NSMC's Policies.
- Professional, Supervisory and Managerial Staff, keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and NSMC regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Managerial Staff ensure that their staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Performs minor surgical procedures as is appropriate per skill level.
- Collaborate with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits - including same day visits.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family needs.
- Actively supports patient safety program; adheres to applicable patient safety standards including NQF Safe Practices.
- Prepares written documentation as required in the patient medical record following standard clinical practice, including CPT Coding guidelines and the assigned practice's policy.
- Maintains and reviews patient electronic medical record and other pertinent information.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultant as necessary.
- Follow North Shore Physicians Group policies and procedures faithfully; attends meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed. Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
- Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Treats all patients courteously and with dignity and respect at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrated competency in providing comprehensive health care including evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements
- Use of Electronic Medical Record
- Knowledge of minor surgical procedures and equipment
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Professionals
- Up to 1 year experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferably in a family medicine, primary care or pediatric setting
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's Degree
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration Requirement
- Current Massachusetts State License as a Registered Nurse Practitioner
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.