The Application Coordinator reports directly to an Application Manager within the Inpatient, Ambulatory, or Departmental Application teams; s/he is part of a team dedicated to configuring, building, testing and activating the assigned application database. Applications include Emergency, Clinical Documentation, Obstetrics, CPOE/eMar, Inpatient Pharmacy, Oncology, HIM, OR, Anesthesia, Radiology, Home Health.
We have multiple openings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides certified Epic build expertise and experience for successful product implementation
- Provides certified Epic design expertise to analyze organization's current business practices and translate them into configurations and workflows
- Supports departmental/ functional team with application and information system knowledge
- Completes specific tasks as documented on the Work Plan
- Tracks and resolves issues and action items
- Recognizes, communicates, and escalates concerns relevant to critical path and/or timeline in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains models of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly
- Documents and analyzes business processes
- Develops subject matter expertise and maintains models and documentation of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly
- Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration
- Creates and maintain regular status reports
- Creates and maintains all required system design and build documents
- Attends weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
- Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks
- Post live implementation activities and production support
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors Degree in Business, IT, Healthcare, or related required. Clinical degrees desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, including experience with healthcare clinical systems.
- Solid understanding of clinical workflow relevant to assigned application team.
- Must have experience in developing and integrating business processes.
- Epic Certification desired or must obtain Epic Certification as outlined by program requirements.
- Ability to apply clinical workflow to the design of information systems.
- Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal including departmental and clinical user meetings. Can lead and facilitate small-medium working sessions with all levels of staff.
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate and understand new software releases and succeed in a changing environment
- Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Office setting, with some local travel between Partners Healthcare System sites.
- On call coverage
- Some travel for training
No staff; provides guidance to less seasoned and new staff.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Partners resources.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.