Under the general supervision of the ED clinical Nurse Manager or designee. Provides direct care to crisis patients in the Emergency Dept. When no crisis patients are in the department, the mental health technician will function in the Emergency Department as a Technical Nursing Assistant.
- Intense attention to safe environment. Good communication with patients of diverse age, population, and multitude of cultural/ethnic backgrounds to identify and understand mild to severe mental/behavior disorders. Proficiency in using computers and ability to quickly gain competency in various specific hospital software applications. The following certification will be required and provided by the department within the first 6-12 months of employment: Non Violent Crisis Intervention certification, Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation and Defibrillation Certification.
- 1+ year Nursing Assistant and or Crisis Team work
- High School or Equivalent with 1 or 2 years previous patient care experience or 6 months post high school technical training in health care.
- Experience as an inpatient mental health counselor or worker
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services Discipline
- Successful completion of Certified Nurse Assistant program is preferred with State Licensure as Certified Nursing Assistant.
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.