OverviewUnder the direction of the Medical Director and Practice Manager, the Resource Nurse is responsible for ensuring that patients receive timely, high quality and efficient health care and support services within and outside of the Patient Centered Medical Home. The Resource Nurse works closely and collegially with physicians, associate providers, clinical and administrative staff and collaborates to enhance the delivery of patient care services along the continuum of care. Works closely with Medical director, Manager and Population Health Coordinator to assists in the chronic disease management of patients. Promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Document all patient communications and clinical treatments accurately and appropriately
- Comply with established risk management and safety procedures
- Comply with all local, state and federal privacy and confidentiality rules and regulations
- Sound judgment and problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and busy environment and see them through to completion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain or obtain CPR certification and participate in site-based CPR drills.
- Educates the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising care manager in health maintenance, disease prevention, disease management and compliance with the patient's treatment plan.
- Helps the provider and patient identify community resources for health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Assists provider and other office staff in population management using available tools
- Use of Electronic Medical Record
- Completion of an accredited Nursing degree program
- 3 years of experience as an LPN OR
- RN, may be New Graduate.
- RN with an active license to practice in Massachusetts OR
- LPN with an active license to practice in Massachusetts
It is the policy of North Shore Medical Center and North Shore Physicians Group to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates and existing employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, Veterans of the Vietnam Era status; or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. All aspects of employment including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, termination, compensation and benefits.